Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014


Diagnostic Radiologist

Duties and Responsibilities:

          Diagnostic radiographers use x-rays, ultrasound and other forms of imaging technology to examine patients. They are responsible for acquiring the image and frequently they interpret the images and diagnose illnesses and injuries. They may contribute towards establishing treatment plans and can also be involved in intervention procedures, e.g. the removal of kidney stones.

Salary:
          $277,107-
$497,537

Education:

          The first step in becoming a radiologist is to obtain a bachelor’s degree. Pre-medicine students may major in any subject but need to meet prerequisites in math, biology, organic and inorganic chemistry, physics and the humanities. Students can strengthen their medical school application by earning academic honors, volunteering, conducting scientific research and achieving high scores on the Medical College Admission Test (MCAT). Many four-year colleges and universities have pre-med advisors who assist students in planning an appropriate program of study.



Reflection:
          No I do not think I would like to be a diagnostic radiologist because I don’t think its so interesting of a job. I also I don’t really like x-rays so I don’t think this is the job for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment